Friday, December 2, 2011

Audience of One

For several years, Steven and I have tried to find ways to get our family involved in the community.   Time, a master's program, and quite frankly just life have always seemed to get in the way.  The holidays are very stressful for Steven in retail, so we try to spend as much time as possible together.  Tonight as I was surfing Pinterest (quite possibly the best thing since sliced bread), I stumbled upon one of the most inspiring blogs ever.  
She had a phenomenal 'family plan' to serve others during the holiday season.  This really spoke to my heart for several reasons.  I want our boys to know the real REASON of the season.  Why is it so important that we celebrate Christmas?  Is it important that we have gifts?  Or is it more important that we give gifts?  What is a 'gift?'  
This plan is so heart-warming because it gives honor to Jesus for His servant-hood during his time on Earth.  He served any and everyone He met.  I so desire for my children and my family to have a heart that truly beats to praise Him.
May we find our joy, peace, relaxation, and share the message of Christ's love through our serving this holiday.



No comments: