So today I took the leap into my spring weed pulling...it's the first day of the season when my poor flower beds regain an ounce of my attention since the last year. I planted a tomato plant to see if I can actually keep something alive this year, too.
Just like last year, I realized that the 'weeds' in my flower bed sometimes look like a pretty plant or other flowers! I thought about how 'pretty' weeds are still in fact, weeds. I began thinking about how many times we have 'weeds' in our lives that choke out our families, friends, and other important things. The challenging part, is that they aren't BAD things! They are simply misplaced priorities that take too much of our time, attention, energy, and love. They could be the computer, phone, IPAD, tv, games, books, or even gardening...but when given too much attention in comparison to family, etc., they will damage relationships and friendships.
This really hit home with me today...I felt like it was my little mini-sermon straight from God since we didn't get to go to church this morning (Aiden's been sick).
May we all 'weed' out our lives of unnecessary clutter, and re-prioritize anything that makes the cut!
No comments:
Post a Comment