For the past few 'family' visits to my parents, I have had Pampered Chef shows scheduled...therefore, my children got to visit, but me, not so much. Thursday night, the kids and I set out on our adventure...arriving at Mimi and Grandpa's just in time for supper!
Upon waking up Friday, Aiden was a little very disappointed that Grandpa had not made muffins for breakfast! And though he had eaten 2 bowls of cereal and some fruit, kept insisting he was still hungry for muffins! Never fear, though, the next night, we made up for it!
Making muffins with Grandpa!
We went yard saling with Mimi Friday morning and a little Saturday morning, but when the temp is almost 100 degrees, there aren't many deals worth it! Friday, we eventually decided to head over to Dogwood Park to let the boys play in the water...and maybe me, too, a little (though you won't see a pic of me)...
Once we were all dried off, we grabbed lunch at El Tapatio (one of our fav Mexican restaurants in the area)-which was surprisingly calm with my two sleepy boys!
We found our way to Papa's house to visit for a bit that afternoon...we also found...
A toad! Aiden was calling him a 'fwog'...he wanted 'Bub' to catch him! Said toad eventually ended up under the saw you see in the picture...I'm sure he was never so happy to hide!
Saturday morning after our yard sales, we decided to go for a picnic lunch at Burgess Falls. I told Logan that mommy and daddy used to go on dates here before we were married. They have added many trails to the park, and I think we need another date there, soon!
Burgess Falls State Park, 2012
It was SO hot after the boys played on the playground that we needed to stop for ice cream! We stopped at a little produce place that also sells Blue Belle ice cream...I don't remember what Mimi had because I was busy trying to catch Aiden's drippy cone until we could make it outside where it didn't matter, but mommy had Peach, Logan had Cotton Candy, Aiden had brown...er, 'chocowit'...lol. He ordered 'brown...'
Logan enjoying his cotton candy ice cream!
Aiden and his 'chocowit' cone!
We made one last stop by Steven's family to visit and give hugs before heading home.
We had a wonderful few days with family that went by too fast!
So very thankful for my summers off to have the opportunity for spontaneous visits and lazy summer days.
Well worth the heat!






No comments:
Post a Comment