Saturday, the boys and I bundled up to go walk for Hydrocephalus...we walked for a sweet little boy, Jake LeMaster!
Jake is a coworker's son with the sweetest little smile! He has congenital hydrocephalus and has come so far thanks to great parents, many prayers, and a ton of support! We were very excited to be walking to be part of that support! This was very near and dear to me because when I was born, the doctors thought that I might have had fluid on my brain. I know that was a scary time for my parents, and I know Jake's parents have been though a lot!
I must say, that even though the first part of our walk started a little whiny (the big one, imagine that!), by the 1/2 mile point, they were both all about the scenery and spending time with mommy. We walked across the Walnut Street Bridge (over the Tennessee River) and saw boats, discussed why there were only waves in the ocean (except when boats came through), etc. We had quite an educational trip...and I must say, I do think I could do homeschooling if I ever need to...
My little troopers made it all 3.1 miles! We didn't stay for the festivities afterwards due to the cold and exhaustion, but we were so thankful to be included in supporting such a great cause.
Now that I know we can make it, we might just start supporting more things! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment