Christmas has come and gone-again. This year we spent a lot of time and effort on giving instead of getting. We made several gifts, and helped out some family in need. I loved every second of watching faces as each person opened his/her gifts-especially the ones I knew they REALLY wanted.
We still have two family Christmases this weekend, but I'm just looking forward to spending some time with family for a few days. Just to be near a fireplace and family and know that we are loved is enough.
Of course, this time of year, I can't help but think about how much God loves His children-and the gift He sent us. I look around at all I have (both material and non-material), and when I start wishing and wanting bigger and better and more, I think about those who don't have. They don't have jobs, homes, family. Many of them, most importantly, don't have a Savior-not because they aren't wanted and loved by Him, but because they've chosen not to accept Him. My prayer is that more people than ever accept Him this year-accept His forgiveness, love, hope, and blessings. I need all of those daily. I can't imagine life without Him. I am nothing without Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment