Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to School...

So...it's been quite a while...when you have to search for your own blog, it might have been too long...lol.  Logan has had to go to school with me every day that I'm not in meetings so daddy can work.  He's been doing quite well, I must say.  He enjoys some breakfast and PBS in the mornings, then some computer games, and today helped me sort and store all the paper towels, tissues, and Clorox wipes.  Aiden started a 'new cool (school)' last week-and is LOVING it.  We loved our other daycare, but I must say, I think the increase in individual attention and lovely ladies at Apison are making my love for it grow even more.  He is always greeted with a huge smile and 'good morning,' and they always know just how to lure him in without any tears!  This is his color week-today was red day.  He still calls it 'blue,' but we'll get there eventually ;p!

We had to go buy new school shoes this weekend.  Yesterday, Logan and I made a special trip into the madness of tax-free weekend to buy some 'light-up' shoes.  There were no other specifications.  This was all.  We made it out alive-and with new shoes...that we took back today.  While I love the Jumping Beans brand at Kohl's, these shoes just weren't going to cut it.  The tongue kept slipping through the straps (no strings) and looked VERY uncomfortable.  He's in between sizes right now, and since most shoes now have what feels like steel toes on them, I had to take his word on the size...in one shoe alone, he tried an 11-13...including halves! After putting each of them on, he kept saying, "OWWWW!"  While I tried to convince him that shoes without lights would be MUCH more comfortable, we finally settled on a much higher-priced shoe...but they fit well, lit up, and didn't slipped when he walked, so they were a keeper!  Of course, since big brother had to have light up shoes...Aiden got some light-up 'Buzz Yightyear' shoes...and has been stomping around all afternoon in them. :~)

Even though it was a stressful afternoon at times, we eventually made it home...the boys excited to have new shoes...me just excited to have my two boys.  

No comments: